What it is
The Northern Asian Power-list will profile the top 100 Asian business and professional influencers across the North of England, it will showcase the Asian wealth and influence across the UKs Northern Powerhouse and indicate the economic achievements of the Asian community. The list will be compiled to highlight the changing patterns of Asian wealth, influence and economic development, with a fascinating commentary on the financial impact the British Asian community have in the UK and the level of success growth that certain entrepreneurs and business leaders have achieved.
In the form of regional boards NAP will operate across North East, North West of England, Yorkshire & Humberside, representing the best of Asian businesses and influencers.
Members of NAP board will have an objective of working towards creating a better environment for business and economic growth. This will be achieved by providing a collective, progressive voice to regional and local government and policymakers on the key issues impacting business through:
- Quarterly roundtable meetings between the members of NAP and the key decision makers of the region
- Annual meeting with key MPs and policy makers at the House of Commons
- Meeting with the independent Industrial Strategy Council to assess progress and make recommendations to the government on the UKs Industrial Strategy and the five foundations of productivity, noted as “the essential attributes of every successful economy”:
- Ideas (R&D, innovation)
- People (skills and education)
- Infrastructure (broadband, energy, transport) Business environment (support for specific sectors and small or medium-sized enterprise (SMEs))
- Places (tackling regional disparities)